Laura Fox's enthusiastic focus on Best Of Raw also continues to inspire us here(!), especially that the "Best Of" Awards are deepening from joyful, playful competition into also including social action awards as was the initial dream of Raw Spirit years ago!
You may recall when Raw Spirit proposed on the back of our event programs in 2005, 2006 and 2007, in the spirit of The Noble Peace Prizes, these categories: the Raw Spirit Children's Outreach Award, Raw Spirit Prison Outreach Award, Raw Spirit Hospital Outreach, Raw Spirit School Lunch & Education OutReach, Raw Spirit College & University Outreach, Raw Spirit Church Outreach, Raw Spirit Africa, Raw Spirit China, Raw Spirit India, Raw Spirit Elder Care, and Many More.
To our surprise, almost nobody nominated anyone for these noble and compassionate awards. As our community continues to expand and diversify, may it also be maturing by nurturing not just the hip and happening, but all of humanity, including those ill, forgotten, misunderstood and otherwise disadvantaged.
Best of Raw 2012 Season Announcement:
5th Annual Awards Celebration for the Plant Based Raw Foods Movement In Development
Contact: Laura Chiraya Fox 310-460-9987
Founder of Best of Raw Laura Fox announces the 5th Annual 2012 Season for the Best of Raw Foods Awards, the annual online awards contest and Gala for the plant based Raw Foods Movement. In its 5th year, Best of Raw welcomes partner Michael Shields of Earth and the Next Society, a band whose music is the raw vegan icing on the top of the cake of fulfilling the mission. And what is the mission of Best of Raw? To help restore the health of humanity and the health of the planet by encouraging people everywhere to add more raw organic plant foods to the diet. Eating all or mostly raw vegan or beegan is "The Sustainable Feast." We not only assist our bodies in reclaiming higher vibrancy, health, mental and emotional well-being; we also reduce our impact on the planet, by simplifying our way of eating. When we also reach for local organic foods in their natural raw state, we've just reduced our footprint dramatically in the arenas of packaging, shipping, processing, marketing and more, as well as enhanced the energy of our body's biofields by putting into this sacred temple foods that have a pure, strong biofield, thus adding unto our physical well-being instead of taking away from it, as processed cooked foods do.
Best of Raw celebrates everyone's initiatives towards a healthier diet and eco-footprint. In other words, whether you are simply adding more raw to the diet, reaching for a healthier way of life, or are all raw vegan, we encourage you to have fun nominating your favorites and voting in the contest.
People, Places, Products and Media of the plant based raw foods movement will nominate themselves or be nominated, in more than 45 categories, in order to spread the word about these awesome rawsome initiatives.
The Nominations process will begin mid-September, followed by the voting season from November through December. The Awards Gala & Announcements will be in Los Angeles early in 2013.
New this year:
- Our logo and website are receiving a much needed facelift!
- Our VOTING PLATFORM is completely revamped and highly professional, offering an exceptional voter and contestant experience. Contestants will be able to see company images, videos and listen to any audios contestants care to upload, and vote with a click under the company logo. They can also immediately post to facebook any comments they care to make about their vote, and easily share their choices with their friends.
- We are announcing the first year of the Founder's Awards and the Advisory Board Peer Review Awards to satisfy the needs of our growing industry. These awards will include the Founder's Award for Innovation; The Lifetime Achievement Award; The Eco-Friendly Company Innovation Award; The Soil Quality Improvement Award; The Organic Produce & Farming Award; and The Children's Education Award.
- We are announcing our new Blog, which will focus on industry initiatives & news as well as highlighting eco-friendly innovations and "Sustainable Feast" related articles.
- The Annual Awards Gala will return to its birthing grounds in Los Angeles, and will be an all day event, featuring music, comedy acts, speakers, the awards announcements, product give-aways, live sampling and live chef demos, and more. Tickets will go on sale soon at the website BestOfRawFoods.com.
- We are integrating a Plant Based Raw Foods Resource Directory this year as well. All Sponsors and advertisers will automatically receive a directory listing, and the community of raw foods products and services are welcome to register as well.
- This year we are also offering two Title Sponsorships of the event for the first time ever. With the support of Title Sponsors, we are co-creating a very powerful day long raw foods focused event with all the bells and whistles.
Having an awesome team on board helps us to get organized much earlier and create the event to the next level. Founder Laura Fox is very grateful for Michael Shields, Natan Mallinger, Jillian Love, Sara Paul and Paul Mamakos for coing on board and helping to give Best of Raw the facelift and upgrade it requires to fulfill its service mission for the planet.